Question #1: How and why did you become a personal trainer?
Answer: All my life I was pretty athletic, playing multiple sports and basically eating whatever I wanted. Once I stopped playing sports I started to put on weight and had no idea how to stop it. Then I was introduced to resistance training and high intensity cardio. The combination of these two really helped me get back into shape in a relatively short time. In 2009 I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science furthering my education in fitness. In 2011, I became a personal trainer and quickly went from 0 sessions a day to more than 150 per month training more than 100 clients.
Question #2: What do you see as the most popular reasons for hiring a personal trainer?
Answer: (1) Physique Enhancement, (2) Body Toning, (3) Decreased Stress, (4) Healthy body fat loss, (5) Pre and Post Natal Fitness, (6) Increased Muscle Mass, (7) Increased Energy and (8) Increased Flexibility and Balance.
Question #3: What programs do you create to fulfill the needs of your clients?
Answer: Some I have customized to fit their exact needs. Also, I have specialized programs that I created for many different styles of clients. Included in these are:
(1) 14 Day Weight Loss – This plan is perfect for men or women who need to lose around 10 to 20 pounds. This plan gives an even distribution between building muscle and shows you how to lose weight fast.
(2) Major Weight Loss Program – This plan is for new clients who need to lose 30 plus pounds and whose waist measurement is above the desired healthy range. The design of this plan is to reduce overall body fat, increase some muscle and focuses on major muscle groups -- specifically legs, abs, chest, and back.
(3) Muscle Building Program – This plan’s main goal is to build as much muscle in a short period of time. This plan is well suited for the type of person who is generally thin and needs to gain weight.
My Advanced Programs include:
(4) Athletic Program – This plan is perfect for the weekend warrior to the professional athlete. This plan dedicates much time towards increasing speed, power, and agility.
(5) Body Sculpting Program – This more advanced plan focuses on training both large and small muscle groups giving that tone sculpted look. This plan is primarily used by models and actors or anyone that is already in shape and is looking to take it to the next level.
(6) Accelerated Program – This program can be incorporated into any of the above programs and is perfect for the person that is ready to get in shape tomorrow. This program has clients train with me 5-10 times a week and primary focus is to get results A.S.A.P!
I’m very proud of the efforts of my clients and work hard to keep their trust and help develop them to the completion of their goals. The overall success works both ways. A happy client makes a happy personal trainer!